and then you die :)

Saturday, July 9, 2011

I feel dumb.

What is this high everyone's talking about?
I barely felt a thing. And that makes me feel awful and totally selfish towards the people who tried so hard on making this camp the best. My mind was a little lack-luster.
The only time I cried was when EVERYONE else was sobbing and I couldn't feel a thing. It was like my heart broke. I felt homesick the entire time - something I haven't felt since I was nine and in Alabama with my grandma - and I just wanted to sleep the entire time, curled up with my teddy bear. And when we got those dog-tag necklaces it hurt.
And then I get home, and it feels empty a bit.
But that emptiness is probably just me.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry if I ruined camp for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not dumb. I was exactly the same way last year (Not crying, feeling empty)....I think it's just the stages we go through in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion they push you so hard to have a spiritual experience that sometimes you just can't feel it. You know like when you watch a really sad movie and you just don't want to cry anymore? These so called "spiritual experiences" are all fabricated. Sure you can feel the spirit but you can also just be crying to fit in because everyone around you is sobbing. It upset me a bit that all of the 14-15 year olds came back sobbing from their activity. That is not how it usually is. I think that sometimes they just try too hard. Joseph Smith didn't have to go on a spiritual hike up a mountain and then ponder after to know that none of the churches were true. He went to the middle of a forrest and prayed. Like they were talking about you can feel the spirit speak to you anywhere. It doesn't have to be at camp when they are practically forcing you to feel the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no one ruined camp for me. I just didn't feel anything but mental exhaustion. It sucked but it wasn't anyone's fault. I'm hoping it's just a stage fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And from personal experience, the Mia Maid experience was powerful and not forced upon at all. Some girls cried, some didn't.

    ReplyDelete