and then you die :)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

White Battle Cliffs

This is where the road ends
Butterflies and roses flee
Falling from the cold, velvet pavement
Where snow angels lie in wait for bodies.
Ribbons plunge from open turrets,
Streaming their silken red liquid
Singing hymns of death for weeping ears.
Fields of static, crying planet
Blazing moonlight, shadows of iron
The whispering cadence of marching, marching.
Slits of grey - Matters of angels
Diving patriarchs fluttering faster
With shreds of madness off glittering wings.
Tales are spinning, growing, screaming
The rose is crushed, petals decayed,
Calling a bird back from its overdue death.
An eclipse of castle, the prison revealed
Hands are yearning, frozen with pleas.
Sparkling jewels slip from the teeth,
Waves crash against wave, pound over rock
Splitting and Sculpting and Raising and Howling
Mind over matter... Butterflies soar
Melting white angels,
Catching the residue
This is where the road ends.



I wrote this a while ago, like half a year or so, and so far it's one of my deeper poems. So deep, in fact, that I have no idea as to what it means. My subconscious makes no sense to me. Trevor told me his idea as to what it means, and it made sense. He broke it down for me and everything :) I still have the facebook message haha I'm so stupid and creepy. Anyways. The fairytale/dark romance/religious stuff I didn't even catch on to until someone pointed them out to me. Now all I can envision when I read it is white angels with soot and blood covering them. I think I'm messed up a bit in the head though so it's okay.

2 comments:

  1. I still have the message too. :)
    I refuse to delete it. I often re read this poem to myself over and over. I love it so much... And it is probably the deepest thing I've ever read...
    I'm pretty sure we are both messed up in the head... that's why we work. You know? The holes in ourselves that we have and lack, the other fills in with their strengths....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. At least I'm not the only crazy one in this relationship :) and you know what? I think you're right... :D

    ReplyDelete